Backpack Fitting Basics
Follow steps IN SEQUENCE to achieve the best fit.
1. Before putting pack on, loosen load lifters & belt stabilizers.
2. Put pack on and position belt on hips & tighten.
3. Tighten shoulder straps by pulling webbing down & back.
4. Snug load lifters.
5. Wait about a 1/2 hour to snug belt stabilizers. Stabilizers that are too tight can restrict hip movement.
6. Adjustments 4 & 5 are personal preferences. It might take experimentation to achieve the most comfortable fit.
Courtesy of Kelty
See Fitting Guides for more detailed information.