Mel Cotton's was one of the first outdoor specialists in the nation to rent gear for outdoor enthusiasts. We rent both summer and winter equipment. During the summer, we rent items for camping, paddlin, and watersports.
- Tents from Eureka
- Century Lanterns and Stoves
- Northern Lights Backpacking Stoves
- Backpacks from Gregory, Mountainsmith, Kelty, and Osprey
- Therm-A-Rest Sleeping Pads
- Hyperlite Wakeboards, Wakeskates, and Wakesurfers
- HO Waterskis and Kneeboards
- Body Glove Wetsuits
- Igloo Coolers
- Bear Cans
- Old Town Canoes
- Kayaks from Old Town, Hobie and Ocean Kayak
Notes: The rental department closes 30 minutes prior to the store's closing time.
Our outstanding winter rental selection is the largest in San Jose. Listed below are some of the things we rent during the winter months.
- Skis for youth and adult from Salomon and K2
- Demo Skis from K2, Volkl, Rossignol, Salomon, and more
- Snowboards, boots, and bindings from Burton
- Snow bibs and ski jackets for youth and adults
- Saucers and Toboggans
- MSR Snowshoes